Africa Tourism Leadership Awards
About the awards
Please note that particular attention and recognition will be given to nominees who can prove commitment to leadership through sustainability in tourism policy and practices.
Leading in Progressive Policies’ Award
Outstanding Entrepreneurship Award
Women in Leadership
Most Innovative Business Tourism Destination Award
Outstanding Accommodation Facility / Group Award
Outstanding Tourism Transportation Award
Outstanding Africa Tourism Media Award
Championing Sustainability Award
Destination Africa - Lifetime Award
Criteria for nomination
The experts making up the nomination committee will nominate three (3) nominees for each category on the basis of nomination received based on the following attributes:
- nominees must be a stakeholder in Africa’s travel, tourism, hospitality and aviation industries – including public, private, third sector stakeholders, individuals or group of individuals, destinations, communities and other stakeholders operating in Africa.
- nominees must be doing something outstanding and innovative with measurable results.
- nominees must be involved in an outstanding project or initiative and demonstrate consistent achievements over a period of a minimum of 2 years.
- nominees must be able to demonstrate the sustainability of their operation in terms of the economic as well as environment and social impact (e.g. environmentally sensitive, ethical in their operations, inclusive in their workforce engagement).
- nominees must demonstrate some level innovation in entrepreneurship and/or technology.
Rules for Nomination Committee
The experts making up the nomination committee, and will nominate three (3) nominees for each category on the basis of nomination received and will based of the following attributes:
- Only one nominee will receive an award in each category.
- Auditing of awards will be done by Grant Thornton, South Africa.
- nominees must be change-makers (individuals, organizations, countries and destinations) who are enhancing the competitiveness of Africa’s Travel and Tourism industry.
- A case for nomination of maximum 500 words indicating FIVE (5) most important reasons organized in bullet points for their nominations must be received by the Co-Chairs no later than 10 May, 2019.
- The Nomination Committee will finalize the list of Award’ recipients and this will be audited by Grant Thornton for announcement on 10 August 2019.
- Nomination tally is however NOT the final consideration in the award as nominations will be considered alongside committee evaluation of the category.
- The decisions of the committee and auditors will be final.
Rules for Nominees
- The nominees can self-nominate, or be nominated by others and awards will be adjudicated by the committee.
- All nominees will be notified by Africa Tourism Partners about their nomination.
- Nominations should be supported by a web and all social media links.
- By accepting nomination, the nominee agrees (he/she, organization, destination or country representative) to attend the ATLF and Awards Ceremony in Durban, South Africa on 30 August, 2019.
Benefits to nominees, finalists and winners
Becoming a finalist means:
- Free invitation to ATLF Masterclass (in sustainable product development, MICE and Marketing) Awards Dinner and any side events.
- An opportunity to showcase services, products or destination during the ATLF from 29 to 30 August, 2019.
- An endorsement by a nomination committee formed by internationally acclaimed experts.
- The opportunity to present the awardee’s work to world at ATLF, and 12 months outstanding international media and digital marketing exposure at no cost.
- Winners will be invited to attend 2019 ATLF and Awards.
- Submission of nominees – 06 May, 2019
- Announcement of Nominees – 10 August
- Announcement of winners at ATLF Awards Dinner – Friday, 30 August, 2019 in Durban, South Africa.
CONTACT DETAILS FOR SUBMISSION
Ms Nozipho Dlamini
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : +2781 303 7030
Mobile : +2779 553 9413