Youth Summit - Innovation Competition
The Innovation Project
This is an exclusive platform being provided to innovative African youth in travel and tourism looking for funding, partnership and mentorship opportunities to present their projects to the global market place in order to find the required support for their progrmmes.
- To select top three most innovative projects and present to potential funders, partners and mentors
- To allow parties interested in innovation to connect and do business
- To create B2B match-making platform for young innovators
- The project promoter must be a citizen of African Union Member State
- Promoter must be between the ages of 18 and 35
- Entries must be submitted online
- The project must show evidence of innovation
- The project must be solving a challenge relating to Africa’s tourism industry
- The project must be a sustainable and scalable business model
- The project must show proof of authenticity.
Shortlisting and Elevated Pitch
- Deadline for Awards and Competition entries close on 30 April 2020.
- Adjudicators will shortlist top 5 entries based on an approved scoring system
- Shortlisted project promoters will be informed by 13 May 2020
- Shortlisted projects promoters make a 5-minute presentation at the Summit
- Adjudicators will announce the winner, 1st and 2nd runners-up at the Summit
Benefits to Winner and Runners-up
- Mentorship, partnership, potential funding support and career opportunities
- Part of an established network of Africa Youth in Tourism, Mentors and Innovators