About Africa Tourism Leadership Forum (ATLF)
The Africa Tourism Leadership Forum (ATLF) is a Pan-African dialogue platform that brings together key stakeholders from Africa’s travel, tourism, hospitality and aviation sectors to network, share insights and devise strategies for sustainable travel and tourism development across the continent, while enhancing Brand Africa’s equity. ATLF is the first of its kind and aims at promoting tourism as a major sustainable development pillar and core socio-economic diversification factor for African destinations.
According to the UNWTO, Africa’s tourism sector accounts for 1 in 10 jobs globally and 1 in 14 regionally. WTTC Global Outlook Report (2017) anticipated that the sector will support over 380 million jobs, by 2027. In Africa, tourism has demonstrated to have the potential to be a powerful path for economic diversification and development, given the abundance and variety of tourism resources. In spite of these, the sector’s contribution to African economies remains short of a full recognition. It is in line with such claims that the ATLF is being convened to give the sector the deserved recognition and foster a culture of sustainable leadership within the sector.
Core agenda items will include:
- Ministerial and Business Leadership dialogue on Intra-Africa Travel
- Diversification of African economies through tourism
- Innovative leadership in sustainable tourism development
- Enhancing “Brand Africa” equity
- Sustainable tourism value-chain
- Tourism and Digitalization
- Private – Public – Community partnerships in travel & tourism
- Tourism and hospitality infrastructure investment opportunities in Africa
- Africa and the liberalization of the aviation sector
- Progressive policy-making: Insights, Trends and Impacts
- Education, Skills Development, Jobs’ Creation and Tourism as a Career Path
- Women and Youth – Challenges and Opportunities in Tourism
Target Audience – Who Will Attend?
The event will host over twenty (20) world-renowned speakers (including African Ministers and Business Leaders), over three hundred (300) delegates (including professionals, policy makers, government officials, investors and entrepreneurs) from over thirty (30) countries.
The benefits – Why attend?
Delegates will directly benefit from meeting and discussing core issues with key sector’s stakeholders.
Learning & Development
- Learn how to create SMART cities and tourist destinations
- Learn about viable and sustainable business financing models
- Learn from insightful presentations, interactive and round table discussions
- Learn how to address common organizational challenges though change leadership and management
- Find inspiration with product launches and brand activations
- Explore new business methods along with other industry leaders
- Gain insight from destination showcases and activations
- Share ideas, strategies and best practices with fellow decision makers
Networking and business linkages
- Meet key captains of industry, ministers and policy makers
- Network with industry peers and learn about up-to-date industry best practices
- Be part of business-to-business match-making and private meetings
- Raise their professional profiles by promoting themselves and companies through our multi-level marketing platforms and portal
- Identify and establish direct links for business opportunities