Africa Youth In Tourism Innovation Summit
About the Summit
The Africa Youth Innovation Summit aims to serve as continental platform for youth in tourism, travel, hospitality, aviation, academia and all related industries to connect, engage, learn and grow.
Participants will harness the knowledge, influence and trust of leaders in Africa’s travel and tourism industry present at ATLF and Awards. The platform aims to invite innovative ideas and solutions that goes beyond technology, but are related to the travel and tourism industry for review and adjudication by a preeminent panel of industry leaders. Those shortlisted candidates will be introduced to industry leaders and potential for mentorship, and also to potential funders support and/or partnerships.
- Entries Opens – Monday, 14 January, 2020
- Announcement of top 5 finalists – Monday, 30 August, 2020
- Elvator Pitches – Monday , 19 October 2020
- Announcement of Winners – Wednesday, 21 October 2020
The Main Thrust
The main thrust of the Summit is to support and empower African Youth Innovators Tourism across the entire travel and tourism value chain beyond technological in novation, offering them skills development, entrepreneurship development and career guidance, as well as mentorship, strategic partnership and funding.
The Target Audience
The Summit has been designed to develop, guide and support the next generation of African travel and tourism leaders and entrepreneurs of ages from 18 to 35. Each participant must however have an interest in travel, tourism, hospitality and aviation, advocacy, international relations and leadership development during and after the Summit.
The Conference aims to:
- Inspire innovation travel and tourism among African Youth
- Stimulate entrepreneurship and youth empowerment for sustainable career choices
- Develop future thought leaders among Youth in Travel and Tourism
- Harness thought leadership skills in the Youth in Travel and Tourism subsector
Provide guidance, mentorship and support ecosystem for the Youth innovators
Who will attend?
- The Summit will bring together youth, entrepreneurs and innovators in the Africa travel and tourism industry stakeholders including Travel Management Companies, Tour Operators,
- Destination Management Companies, Hospitality Companies, Accommodation Facilities,
- Academia, Universities and all other related industries to learn how to pursue their career path in Africa’s travel, tourism, hospitality and aviation industry.
What to expect?
- Mentorship, partnership and potential funding support for winners and runners-up.
- Established network of Africa Youth in Tourism, Mentors and Innovators
- Peer learning. peer review, partnerships and leadership development opportunities
- Gain insights into innovation, careers opportunities and entrepreneurship development
- Grooming platform for the next of generation African Tourism leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs.